This website is intended for
U.S. healthcare professionals only.

Guide to the multidisciplinary network

Graphics re-draw-06

High-quality care for people living with FOP requires a coordinated approach from many different types of medical professionals.1

The primary care physician (PCP) is usually responsible for organizing a local team of specialists who may not have expertise in FOP. They may also consult with experts from other centers when necessary.1

Click on the specialties below to learn more about their role in the diagnosis and management of FOP.*

*Note: This is not an exhaustive list. Some centers may have specialists not included here, and the expanded care network may vary due to differences in the needs of people living with FOP. 

1. Pignolo RJ et al. Orphanet J Rare Dis 2022;17:168.


Ipsen Corporate

©IPSEN Group 2024

Please always consult a healthcare professional if you require healthcare advice or if you have any specific concerns regarding Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva. This website has been developed by Ipsen in collaboration with those living with Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva and the healthcare professionals who care for them. The information provided here is not intended to replace professional advice.

© 2024 Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
All rights reserved. January 2024